Canberra aren't expecting Parramatta to release Junior Paulo early, despite time ticking on the Eels to get under the salary cap before next week's NRL match against South Sydney.
Parramatta have just one week to shave off almost $600,000 to become cap-compliant after the governing body found them guilty of cap breaches earlier this week.
Paulo, 22, has already agreed to a two-year deal to move to the nation's capital at the end of this season, but Raiders recruitment manager Peter Mullholland doesn't think the prop will be arriving early.
"As a kid, I think he'll want to finish his commitment there. That'll be up to Parramatta to decide what they do with their players," he said on Thursday.
Mulholland admitted there was enough space to fit Paulo into this year's cap should he become available, but doubted whether the Eels would be saving much by allowing him to leave before the end of the year.
The likely mid-season departure of winger Sisa Waqa from Canberra could also free up some funds.
"It could well do. But at the end of the day, by the end of June, most of the contracts have been paid at any rate. It's a limited amount," Mullholland said.
"I'm pretty sure (CEO Don Furner) knows what he's doing. I'm pretty sure if that opportunity came up, it'd be there. But that's Parramatta's call.
"I don't think they'd be saving too much on their cap if they'd release him anyway."